I wanted to give you a brief update on where we are. Since my last post, we got our Embassy appointments. They were actually last week. However, we have not heard anything about them yet (i.e. did they go ok?, was all the paperwork there?, etc.). We are praying and hoping to hear something this week!
We have also sent in all the paperwork to get our visas to travel. It was a little weird putting our passports and yellow fever vaccination cards in the mail and hoping they didn't get lost somewhere. They didn't though. They have arrived at the Embassy in Washington, D.C. (we may have stalked the USPS website with our tracking number) and we hope to get them back at the end of the week.
So once we get our visas and hear that Embassy went ok, what's left? Emmalyn has to get her visa and then we can travel to Congo!! It is seriously so close! Like we are down to just weeks away (at least we hope)!
The question has been asked several times- "What can we do? What can we send?"
Well, you can send a couple of things if you so desire.
1. Small toys- we are going to take these to pass out to the kids at the different orphanages. They need to be fairly small since they have to fit in one suitcase/dufflebag.
2. Non-perishable Candy- we are also going to take some candy with us to pass out to the kiddos. I am thinking like dum dum suckers, smarties, etc.
3. Size 3T clothes- these would be for Emmalyn. I am just guessing that this is the size that she will wear. We have several things already, but we don't have many bottome (shorts or pants) or pajamas. Please don't go out and buy anything. I am just saying this mostly for people who may be cleaning out their closets and may have some hand-me-downs that would work. We know that she will grow quickly so we don't need tons of stuff just yet.
Most importantly, though, you can just pray.
1. Pray for Emmalyn- that she will remain healthy, that she is being fed, that she is being taken care of, that she will not be moved again (she has been moved to a different place again since my last post), that God is preparing her for our family
2. Pray that we will hear good news about Embassy quickly.
3. Pray that we get our visas back by the end of the week.
4. Pray for our family- that we will trust God in His timing, that God is preparing us for Emmalyn
5. Pray for timing of travel- We need someone (preferably our parents) to take care of our children while we are gone to Congo. However, my sister and Eric's sister are getting married the 2nd week of October and it doesn't look like our parents can come to AZ if we travel in October. Also, Eric is the one marrying the two couples so it would be a good idea if we are home by then :)
6. Pray for the other families within our agency's adoption group. Many of their children have jiggers in their feet that are absolutely awful! They need surgery as quickly as possible. If they do not get the surgery, their feet will get infected to the point where they could possibly lose limbs or even worse- death could occur if left untreated. Our agency is trying to raise the funds to pay for the surgery for each child. They also need about 3 people to travel to Congo to take care of the children after the surgery is over. If you would like to read more about this go to www.projectfeet.wordpress.com
|Oh how I love her and can't wait to hug and kiss her!|